Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. Approximately 2% of your body weight is the element calcium. Calcium is mostly associated with bone health which is not surprising considering 99% of calcium is in the bones. However it is the remaining 1% which causes problems with calcium deficiency. Free calcium in your body is critical to sustain life as it is required by enzymes in basic cellular processes in addition to being directly used by your heart and nervous system. When the body is lacking free calcium, it "steals" calcium from your bones to sustain life. Over many years, this will lead to degenerative bone diseases such as osteoporosis. The calcium in this supplement is from natural oyster shells. Natural calcium has a tendency to be more readily absorbed than other sources but there is increased risk of naturally occurring lead which can build up in natural sources. Our manufacturer monitors raw materials for lead content but those sensitive to lead (young adults or pregnant women) may want to consider an alternate calcium supplement from this site made from other sources. Magnesium works in conjunction with Calcium. Calcium is used in the cellular processes that cause muscle contraction Magnesium works in the opposite way by relaxing muscles. This supplement is carefully balanced with Magnesium and Calcium to maintain healthy levels within cells.
Directions for Use: As a dietary supplement, take three tablets daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by your health car professional.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Croscarmellose Sodium, Malto-Dextrin, Acacia Gum, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Triacetin, Polydextrose