Urine Test for Ketone (Acetoacetic Acid)
* The strips provide a fast, convenient way of testing urine for the presence and concentration of acetoacetic acid (ketone). This substance when found in the urine provides information on carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
* Acetoacetic acid can be found in the urine from diabetics and is more commonly referred to as a "ketone body." Use of Ketostix Reagent Strips can alert you and your doctor or diabetes educator to changes in your condition for which adjustments in your diet and/or medication may be needed. Carefully follow the testing schedule your doctor or educator establishes.
Reagents: 7.1% w/w Sodium Nitroprusside; 92.9% w/w Buffer
Intended for use in the U.S.A.
Reagent made in U.S.A.
Questions? Toll Free 1-800-347-8100
KETOSTIX Reagent Strips are for in vitro diagnostic use. They have been determined to be nonhazardous under the guidelines issued by OSHA in 29CFR 1910.1200(d).
As with all laboratory tests, definitive diagnostic or therapeutic decisions should not be based on any single result or method. KETOSTIX results should never be used as the sole basis for adjusting insulin dosage.
* Ketostix Reagent Strips are for in vitro diagnostic use.
* Keep your fingers or other objects from touching the reagent area before testing.
* Do not use product (opened or unopened) after expiration date. Use of strips beyond the expiration date may yield low results.
* Store at room temperatures between 59į-86į F. Do not store the bottle in direct sunlight. Use only if tamper evident seals on this carton are intact.
* Replace cap immediately and tightly.
* Do not remove desiccant from bottle.
* Read enclosed directions carefully.