We are pleased to announce the introduction of Glucerna 1.2 Cal, a calorically dense, diabetes specific enteral product featuring a unique carbohydrate blend, for enhanced glycemic control, and fish oil. Glucerna 1.2 Cal is available in 8 oz cans and both 1 Liter and 1.5 Liter Ready-to-Hang Bottles.
Glucerna 1.2 Cal is specifically for:
* Patients with diabetes or abnormal glucose tolerance resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma, and infection
* Tube feeding or oral use. Appropriate for sole-source nutrition
Some of the product features and benefits include:
* 1.2 Cal/mL
o 285 Cal/237 mL
o 1200 Cal/L
o 1800 Cal/1.5 L
* Clinically shown to produce a lower glucose response versus a standard 1.2 Cal formulation with fiber1
* Macronutrient distribution: 45% fat, 20% protein, and 35% carbohydrate
* Unique carbohydrate blend to help manage glycemic response
* Omega 3-fatty acids EPA + DHA (1g/1500 Cal)
* Meets or exceeds 100% of the RDIs for 24 key vitamins and minerals in 1500 Cal
* Chromium picolinate, the form of chromium clinically shown to help lower A1C2
* Gluten- and lactose-free
Glucerna products are for use under medical supervision as part of a diabetes management plan.
Detailed nutrient information can be found in the Product Section of this site.