Allevyn Sacrum has been designed for a superior anatomical fit on the sacral area to provide enhanced pressure ulcer management combined with the proven benefits of Allevyn Adhesive.
• Shaped to fit sacral area
• Low allergy adhesive
• Tapered construction and micro-thin edges
• Unique trilaminate construction
• Perforated wound contact layer
• Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
• Waterproof outer film layer
Convenient adhesive presentation
The wound contact layer of Allevyn Sacrum is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive has a proven low risk of skin irritation.
In-vitro studies and clinical experience both demonstrate that as healing progresses Allevyn Sacrum dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
• The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
• The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure.
• The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows healing to progress without the need for frequent dressing changes.
Promotes early healing
Allevyn Sacrum allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation and promoting rapid and trouble-free healing.
Profiled dressing edges
Allevyn Sacrum has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which ensure the dressing remains securely in place and prevents accidental removal by shear between the dressing and clothes and bedding.
The unique anatomical design is able to conform to the sacral area moulding into the anal cleft, providing secure management of pressure sores and reduced risk of leakage.
The outer polyurethane layer of Allevyn Adhesive prevents strike-through of excess exudate from the dressing, and minimises the chances of cross-contamination and wound infection, therefore enhancing patient comfort and reducing healthcare costs. It also allows the amount of fluid in the dressing to be monitored.
Allevyn Sacrum dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.
For example; pressure ulcers
It can be used in conjunction with IntraSite* Gel - Hydrogel Wound Dressing for necrotic or sloughy wounds.