Allevyn Heel dressing has been designed for a superior anatomical and comfortable fit to enhance management of wounds on the heel.
• One piece shaped construction
• Non adhesive
• Unique trilaminate construction
• Non adherent wound contact layer
• Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
• Waterproof outer film layer
• Protective padding
In-vitro studies and clinical experience, both demonstrate that as healing progresses, Allevyn dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
• The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
• The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure.
• The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows healing to progress without the need for frequent dressing changes.
Promotes early healing
Allevyn Heel allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation and promoting rapid and trouble free healing.
Designed to fit the heel
Allevyn Heel dressing is designed to gently fit around the back of the foot allowing the wound to be dressed creating a moist wound healing environment.
Allevyn Heel dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.
Clean wound healing
Allevyn Heel absorbs and retains exudate, bacteria and cellular debris, providing clean, mess free dressing changes.
Allevyn Heel dressing is ideal for use on granulating wounds on the heel or similar anatomical area.
On necrotic wounds it can be used in conjunction with IntraSite* Gel Hydrogel Wound Dressing.